Veloxity Supports Cyber Security Awareness Month
October 20, 2015 | By The Veloxity Team |
Veloxity joins a growing global effort among colleges and universities, businesses, government agencies, associations, nonprofit organizations and individuals to promote digital safety awareness.
“We are proud to support National Cyber Security Awareness Month as champions of the cause,” said Krassi Popov, CEO of Veloxity. “As providers of cell phone charging kiosks, we applaud NCSAM’s efforts in providing valuable cybersecurity resources, particularly to help cell phones stay secure and safe.”
Hack attacks are on the rise and put cell phones at risk. In honor of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, Veloxity has put together a list of helpful tips to keep cell phones from being hacked.
As cybersecurity threats continue to increase, it’s possible that cell phones and mobile devices of all kinds could be affected with a virus or malware, enabling hackers access to personal or private information
Here are some tips to help keep cell phones and mobiles device secure:
- Secure your cell phones and devices. Be sure to password protect and lock your smartphones.
- Stay up to date. The latest software updates typically the have the best protection to these viruses and hacks.
- Use multiple layers of authentication (passwords, icons, usernames, and security questions) to protect transactions and avoid anyone accessing your account.
- Pay attention to cell phone bills. Unauthorized charges and increased data usage may indicate the phone has been hacked.
- Consider anti-virus software for cell phones. They aren’t always effective, since a lot of malware is downloaded and given permission by the user, instead of illegally infiltrating their phone. But it doesn’t hurt and can possibly help.
In its twelfth year, National Cyber Security Awareness Month is celebrated every October. It was conceived as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure everyone has the resources needed to stay safer and more secure online.
Veloxity rents and sells cell phone charging kiosk with safe and secure private lockers. If you are doing everything listed above to keep your cell phone safe you should also use Veloxity charging kiosks whiling you are charging your phones on the go. Veloxity charging kiosks offer a secure place to charge your phone at events, conferences, hospitals and even college campuses.