9 Things Event Planners Should Consider About Charging Stations
February 24, 2016 | By The Veloxity Team |
Cell phone charging stations are starting to become necessities at events.
It’s obvious that pretty much everyone these days has a cell phone and it’s important that your guests and attendees are able to charge their phones. Supplying a place for event goers to charge their phones is more beneficial than you might think. With charged phones people at a events can tweet, post a status to Facebook and snapchat your event creating a buzz. So here are 9 things event planners should consider when planning on renting or buying a phone charging station for events:
- Size: The size of the charging station doesn’t just impact how many devices can be powered up at once. It also impacts visibility and opportunities for branding.
- Additional features: Besides offering micro USB and lightning chargers, many stations have additional features such as security lockers and opportunities for branding. Also, make sure there are warranties associated with the charging station you choose.
- Cost: Rental prices vary depending on the phone charging station that you choose. You should expect the price range to start at $300.
- Revenue: Charging stations don’t just provide benefits for attendees – they also provide a chance for your event to generate revenue through sponsorships. Make sure you’re choosing a phone charging station that can be branded on their backdrop, face-plate, sides and touchscreens.
- Location: There are many things to consider when planning on location for a charging station: Are there electrical outlets nearby? Can the area accommodate high levels of foot traffic? Is the charging unit going to be large enough to be noticed? Or does it need to be small enough to fit on a table or another tight area? You want to have flexibility when planning your event.
- Shipping: Costs will change based on the size of the charging stations, but most charging station providers will ship anywhere.
- Drayage: Be mindful that some events may charge a fee or labor to move the units to their event location.
- Customer Service: Finding a provider that offers 24/7 phone and email support for any technical problems is crucial. You don’t want to be in the middle of an event trying to figure how to fix an issue with your charging station.
- Supplier: Every supplier offers different stations and service. Get to know what is unique about their product, and see if they offer the best fit for what you’re looking for.
Veloxity offers three different phone charging stations at a reasonable price. To find out more information call us at (855) 844-5060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.